Hi! I’m Jennie.
I have lived through eleven years of parenting up to five kids, and I have a few nuggets of wisdom to share. But I am not a parenting expert. Rather, I am on a journey alongside other moms, learning as I go. I am a problem-solver, a researcher, and a supporter.
In support of my fellow moms, I:
- research topics and questions about motherhood,
- share ways to make things go more smoothly or efficiently,
- compile lists of perfect gifts so that you don’t have to take the time,
- provide resources for growing your family by adding new babies, and
- provide kids’ coloring and activity printables and ideas to keep kids entertained so that you can take a break or get something done.
I also strive to provide encouragement and shed light on the raw reality of motherhood, largely through my Facebook group, Maternal Reality. My goal is for moms to see parenting as something to be done authentically, not perfectly.
I have a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and a Master of Arts in College Student Personnel. After graduate school, I spent two years in a service position at a Catholic campus parish before moving on to a program coordinator position in a teaching center at a university where I stayed for over nine years. I had all four of my kids while working there. When I returned from maternity leave after our fourth baby was born, we dealt with a barrage of illnesses and childcare issues that led us to reevaluate whether it even made sense for me to go to work anymore.
It didn’t. I decided to stay home with the kids and continue working on this website on the side. What a blessing to work for myself on a project that I look forward to every day!
If you’re looking for where to start as you peruse my site, here are my top 5 popular posts:
- 30+ Practical Gifts for Two-Year-Olds that Parents will Appreciate
- Having a Fourth Baby: 9 Things to Consider First
- 10 Wonderful Outdoor Toys Your Kids Need to Have
- 15 Easy Family Dinner Ideas Your Kids Might Actually Eat
- 7 Tips for Overcoming Postpartum Depression and Anxiety
Feel free to contact me at email@example.com if you would like to pursue a collaboration or if I can answer any questions. And if you’re a mom, don’t forget to join Maternal Reality so that we can hang out together on Facebook! We post meal ideas, problem-solve, celebrate successes, and share our maternal reality through real-life pictures and hilarious memes. Look forward to seeing you there!